“The greatest confidence and trust is reposed in any document executed by a Notary.”- Curlewis JP, Judge President of the Transvaal, 1925
Fullard Mayer Morrison offers comprehensive notarial services from its offices in Johannesburg. The office of a notary has its origins in ancient pre-Roman civilisations. In contemporary South Africa, notaries can only be appointed from the ranks of admitted attorneys subject to passing an formal examination and application for admission as a notary to the High Court. A notary is accordingly an attorney who has established a proficiency in the preparation of certain special contracts and documents. Certain legal documents, including antenuptial contacts, notarial bonds and servitudes, can only be prepared by a notary.
Fullard Mayer Morrison provides the following notarial services:
- The drafting, notarisation and registration of antenuptial contacts and life partnership agreements
- The drafting, notarisation and registration of special and general notarial bonds
- The authentication of documents including Apostilles, Notarial Authentication Certificates and Powers of Attorney for use outside of South Africa
- The confirmation of signatures and identity of signatories for sworn or other documents for use outside of South Africa
- The drafting, notarisation and registration of special contacts including long leases, mining rights and servitudes