“It is a truism that in the transportation of goods, it is only a matter of time before something goes wrong – with catastrophic consequences. A forwarder needs to take precautions and ensure limited liability, contractually.”- William Fullard
Freight forwarding and transport law
Freight forwarding and transport law occupies a special niche within Fullard Mayer Morrison. We are one of a handful of South African law firms which offers freight forwarding and clearing as a specialist area of practice.
From its inception, the firm has provided specialised legal services and advice to freight forwarders, customs clearing agents, warehousemen, intermodal operators and other intermediaries. The firm also acts for industry associations in the freight forwarding and aviation sectors.
William Fullard, one of the directors of the firm, is legal advisor to the South African Association of Freight Forwarders (SAAFF) and has litigated and advised extensively in this area. He is also legal advisor to the Airlines Association of Southern Africa (“AASA”).
Our services in freight forwarding and transport law include:
- Litigation and arbitration
- Opinions on liability and settlement
- Industry-focused agreements including: forwarding agreements, agreements of carriage, warehousing agreements, waybills and the like
- Customs and Excise advice
- Risk management and advisory services
- Trading terms and conditions
- International trade advice
- Enforcing and defending restraint of trade agreements